Discover ways to make your neck and shoulders freer, more flexible, and more comfortable. Learn to replace harmful postures and movement habits with healthy ones.
Your neck supports and controls the motion of your head. Freedom of head movement translates into your sense of balance, safety, overall health, and life quality. Think about how many thousands of times you move your head every day? You rely on your neck to turn your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth toward crucial information.
This self-paced online program includes:
- five 90-minute pre-recorded sessions and one bonus 60-minute session
- homework assignments in one place for easy follow-up practice
Each 90-minute session consists of:
- Carefully selected Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement lesson.
- The foundational theory will help you understand your anatomy and the rationale behind the movements practiced.
- Valuable and practical tips.
- Do’s and don’ts of the healthy neck.
- Q&A session.
- Short 10-minute homework for your daily practice.
- Access to the replay at any time.
About the teacher:
Marek Wyszynski is the President and Clinical Director of Physical Therapy & Feldenkrais NYC. He is a physical therapist with 30 years of clinical experience, and a Feldenkrais practitioner since 1999. Marek is the Hospital for Special Surgery Rehabilitation Hip Preservation Certified Therapist. He has published articles in medical journals and conducts continuing education courses. Marek is known for his no-nonsense, thought-provoking teaching that bridges the Feldenkrais Method®, modern, evidence-based physical therapy and rehabilitation medicine, mindfulness practices, and the science of habits.
Material offered in this course is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. If you have any kind of medical condition, consult your medical practitioner about using this program. Though the exercises are gentle and should be done slowly and easily, we cannot guarantee their effectiveness. Responsibility for the exercises is necessarily the user's.